Eyecare Plus Gawler has a position available for a part time Optical Dispenser/ Sales Assistant.
We are looking for a reliable and self motivated team member that is passionate to assist our patients and provide an exceptional standard of care. Previous optical knowledge and/or sales experience is preferred but not essential.
To apply , please drop your resume with cover letter to Eyecare Plus Gawler, Shop 2 Commerical Lane Gawler.
Applications close end February 2018
Responsibilities and Duties
An optical dispenser works as part of an eye care team alongside optometrists (who issue optical prescriptions).
Optical Dispensers will be required to.
- discuss the client’s eyewear needs
- choose the appropriate frame to satisfy the client’s comfort, appearance and prescription requirements
- discuss and recommend types of spectacle lenses and lens enhancements
- order products from suppliers including spectacles, sunglasses, contact lenses
- make sure that spectacles ordered meet quality standards
- make sure that the new eyewear fits correctly and comfortably
- carry out minor repairs to spectacle frames.
- call patients by telephone as required
- manage stock
- process payments including Medicare and Private Health Funds
- perform end of day banking procedures
- keep the practice neat and tidy
- assist the Optometrist performing preliminary tests
- perform office administration duties including posting letters, liaising with GP practices and eye specialists
- other duties as directed
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Sales ability
- Technical ability
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Basic understanding of mathematics
- Enjoy helping people
- Patient and attention to detail
- Flexible with working conditions
- Able to work independently
- Cope well under pressure
- Good Computer Skills
|Job Category||Part Time|
|Job Type||Optical Dispenser|